08 December 2015

25 weeks!


How far along25 weeks! Less than 14 to go! 
Selfie mirror-pics will have to do this week :)


Maternity clothes: All the time! If I'm not in sweatpants, that is! I also got my maternity dresses in the mail! I found two very pretty ones during cyber Monday, so thankfully they were cheap! :)

Stretch marks: Not yet!

Sleep: Getting quite a bit more uncomfortable. I wake up on my back a lot and have to move to my side. But then sleeping on my side too long hurts my hips. It's a never ending cycle!   

Best moment this week: It's December! That means Christmas, my favorite holiday, is this month! It's been fun (and slightly stressful with a busy, curious toddler) to decorate! 

Worst moment this week: Shopping for Christmas is stressful! Maybe because we went on the busiest day of the week. It was a mad house and we were exhausted by the end of it. But it's still very fun! 

Movement:  This babe is a crazy wild baby! He is always moving I feel like! I love love it but lately I'm feeling like he needs to take a chill pill so I can take a nap! Haha. 

Food cravings: Cottage cheese. Ooh and limited edition fudge covered Ritz. Soooo yummy. 

Aversions: Don't love bananas. And the smell of a fresh orange Tay just ate is making me a little queasy!  

Queasy/Sick: I feel pretty congested most days when I wake up. That's not the funnest but I haven't been feeling bad unless I don't eat. 

Other Symptoms: Heartburn has reared its ugly head! Ah. Time to stock up on the Zantac!      

Gender: BOY!

Labor signs: Nope!  

Belly button - in or out? Ever flattening! 

What I miss: A heartburn-free life. 

What I am looking forward to: CHRISTMAS!! (Always) 
Reaching the third trimester!  

Milestones: Baby's first Christmas shopping adventure! 




My doctors appointments today went really well. My A1C is still low at 6.2 and my blood pressure and other vitals were good as well. My blood sugars are ever-rising as the resistance hits in full force. It's frustrating but ultimately I think I am just going to change everything we are eating and hopefully that will help. We loveeee our bread and carbs though so we will definitely have them, just less than normal ;) 
My OB seems positive and answered all my questions really well. Towards the end, starting around 32 weeks, I will have "serial ultrasounds" as he put it. There will be no way for this baby to sneakily get too big too fast- as he says, we will see it coming and be able to watch it ever closely. I want to avoid a C-section in doing whatever I can. The reason being, is if I have a C-section, the chances of me being able to attempt a VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean) are slim to none. Being diabetic, I am not a good candidate. But as my doctor said, I have already proven I can deliver an 8 pound baby and my body can handle it, so they are optimistic. Lots of prayers will be said in behalf of a normal delivery, and ultimately a healthy baby is all we are worried about- no matter how he gets here! Prayers would be appreciated on our babe's and mine behalf. :) 




No comments: