30 November 2015

6 months pregnant!

 How far along24 weeks! 


Maternity clothes: definitely. If I go out, I'm usually wearing my maternity jeans (which are still too big and tend to fall off or sag) or leggings. Ha. And because it's freezing, I've luckily been able to get by with most of my sweaters. 

Stretch marks: No new ones that I've noticed. 

Sleep: Can't complain! There have been a couple nights where I have only woken up once and one night where I didn't at all!  

Best moment this week: I got to have Taylor for a whole five days straight for thanksgiving break! We felt spoiled getting to have him here every day and I sure did appreciate all his help with Tuck especially when I was sick. And I know that he loved getting to spend lots of time with his boy, too! 
I have loved having a piano in our home! I posted that we found one, and we finally got it delivered! It's beautiful. It needs a tune and a repaid or two but it still works wonderfully and I love getting to play!

Worst moment this week: Since I was sick last week, I missed the update for the previous week. A couple of "trying" things have happened. First, last week- beginning Monday, I was sick until the day after Thanksgiving! And I didn't have an appetite or any energy on thanksgiving and so I couldn't help make anything besides the pie and I could hardly eat anything! So sad. But I woke up the next day and felt much better and was able to enjoy leftovers :) 
And two- the previous week we purchased a puppy! We named him Moe and he was a sweet, cuddly goldendoodle. We made the decision to get a puppy so quickly that we didn't get much time to rationally think about it. I knew having a puppy would be hard, but maybe I overestimated how much I could mentally handle. He was such a good puppy- but obviously, still a puppy. The short time that we had him, I lost a lot of sleep and was anxious about how I was going to be able to keep it up when I needed to be taking care of my health first and foremost. So last Monday, after a 4:30 AM wake up call that resulted in a cute puppy not wanting to go back to sleep, I had a very tearful discussion about how I felt like we needed to find him a new home. Taylor told me to take the morning or day or whatever I needed to think about it and then decide. I was super emotional all morning (love those hormones) and decided to put up a classified ad on KSL. Not even three hours later, the sweetest woman called and asked me if he was still available. At this point i hadn't really told Taylor my decision and so I told the woman Id speak with my husband and text her back. Taylor was sad, and I was too, but we decided it was the best option. I met with her twice that day. She came over in the early afternoon and was instantly in love with Moe. And she told me she wanted to buy him and give him to her teenage son because he'd always wanted a dog. She was so sweet. And she came back later after her son got out of school so he could meet him- and he loved him too. And when she brought her payment to me, she brought me a basket of oranges because she felt like she needed to give me something. I mean, seriously?? So nice. We arranged for Moe to be picked up that night after Taylor got home. He was able to say goodbye and when we finally handed him off, I asked her if I could hug her and then got a little emotional and she just was so nice about it. I feel better every day about him going to live with this sweet family and I know he will be loved and taken care of. We only had him a little while but we sure loved him! Now we will be waiting a veryyyyyy long time before we have another dog. And when we do we will be ready for it!

Movement:  This baby never stops moving! I feel like I am always feeling a little something- or a big something, unless I'm walking around. I love it!

Food cravings: Bread. And cottage cheese. And ice cold water. 

Aversions: Nothing that I can think of. 

Queasy/Sick: I was sick most of the week and felt really terrible. I did a lot of resting and ultimately that's what helped! 

Other Symptoms: Growing belly- holy cow! Dry skin. Tired.     

Gender: BOY!

Labor signs: Nope!  

Belly button - in or out? Getting realllllly shallow! 

What I miss: Thanksgiving break when Tay was home every day!    

What I am looking forward to: CHRISTMAS!! 
I have a follow up appointment in one week!  

Milestones: Baby's first Thanksgiving!

No comments: