20 August 2015

Baby J- 2.0!

We found out a couple of months ago that we are expecting our second baby!! 

I honestly didn't think it would happen right away, especially after all I had heard about trying to conceive for the second time. But as we have found out, once God tells us we need to do something- He means like RIGHT now. Haha! I have such faith and a testimony in God's timing- I can't deny it! So I know without a doubt this babe is meant to be coming now. :)


The soonest I could test was a few days before our second anniversary. However, when we were trying for Tucker I tested earlier than I probably should have and got a false, then a very faint positive, and didn't get a strong positive until a day after my missed period. So because of this I didn't want to test "as soon as I could". I waited until July 13th- our second anniversary. I got up before Taylor to go to the bathroom to test. I wholeheartedly was expecting a negative. So imagine my surprise when that positive symbol showed up almost immediately!! And I was still one day early! I was genuinely shocked. I remember being so grateful in that moment and saying a silent prayer of gratitude for this new blessing. 

After I gathered myself, I took the positive test back to bed with me where Taylor still was trying to wake up. I said, "Happy second anniversary! I'm getting you a baby!" and I handed him the test. The look on his face was priceless!! He was so giddy and just as shocked as I was. And then his next response was, "We're crazy." Ha! And we probably are but we could not be more excited! 



I never filled out these questionnaires with my last pregnancy- I just rambled on about whatever my pregnant little brain wanted to say. But I've decided to start filling them out. I wish I had last time, so I could compare symptoms. I've been trying my best to keep a personal pregnancy journal as well, I know my future self will thank me one day! So anyway. I started filling these out at week 8 and have added a few questions of my own as weeks progress. I know most people won't read this and that's fine- this is more for me. But if you're anything like me and enjoy reading about other women's pregnancies then take a gander! :) 

*sidenote*- a lot of exciting changes have happened for us over the last little while. This poor blog of mine has been neglected but I will be doing my best to let everyone know what is going on in our life as of late soon enough!

So because my turn of the week is on a Monday, I'll fill these out and answer according to the previous week. 


How far along: 8 weeks and a few days. 


Total Weight Gain/Loss: I am not sure. It's still packed away in a box somewhere. 

Maternity clothes: Do yoga or sweatpants and tshirts count? That's like my mom uniform ;)

Stretch marks:  Not from this one yet. 

Sleep: Mehhh. Busted out the snoogle this week and that has helped a little. 

Best moment this week: Seeing our tiny babe on the ultrasound and hearing that it looks healthy so far. SO relieving. We also told our families and closest friends. Everyone is very excited! 

Worst moment this week: We have been so busy this week and have lots more to do still. And a long car ride tomorrow that I'm not overly excited about. 

Movement: Not yet! 

Food cravings: Mostly savory things. Like burgers and salty ritz crackers. Cheese in all its forms. And plain Cheerios. 

Aversions: Yogurt. I cant think about it without getting queasy. 

Gender: Not sure yet. 

Labor signs: Definitely not. 

Belly button - in or out? In. 

What I miss: Being not-nauseous. And having more energy. 

What I am looking forward to: Feeling better! And telling more people! And finding out what this babe is!

Milestones: First ultrasound this week!



How far along: 9 weeks. 
(The next few weeks are silouhette pictures as there's not a whole lot to see besides bloat ;) This better captures the bump as of now. Eventually I'll have Taylor take pictures for me when I start to show!) 

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Still not sure. Working on unpacking still...

Maternity clothes: Not yet. But my wardrobe is already pretty conducive to a growing body so it doesn't matter too much :) 

Stretch marks:  Not from this one yet. 

Sleep: Not too bad. The snoogle helps a ton. I have already been getting up like clockwork for a few weeks around 3-5 every morning to pee though. Booooo. 

Best moment this week: My sister in law Jessica got married! She was the most beautiful bride and I loved seeing her so happy. She's the best. 

Worst moment this week: The wedding was in St. George and it was SO hot. Like I was dripping with sweat. And I already hate being hot so I was struggling. Ha. Luckily I wasn't too nauseous that morning but it's a long day for a little babe and a pregnant girl so we were exhausted by the end of it all. At least it was fun! 

Movement: Not yet! 

Food cravings: Savory and salty things. But I'd never turn down a treat. I just have been getting fuller quicker and so that always catches me off guard. And then I get hungry quicker. Oh, the never ending cycle. 

Aversions: Yogurt still makes me wanna barf. 

Gender: Not sure yet. 

Labor signs: Definitely not. 

Belly button - in or out? In. 

What I miss: Having energy to cook and do other normal things.  

What I am looking forward to: The second trimester- hopefully I'll be feeling better and we can tell the world about this baby! 

Milestones: Baby's first wedding and trip to St. George! 





How far along: 10 weeks. 

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Still wondering where my scale is...

Maternity clothes: Nope, not yet. But looking at dresses online because I know I'll need them and I have none. Long story short, we are pretty sure we accidentally gave a bag of our summer clothes and all my maternity clothes to the DI. Oops...

Stretch marks: None from this baby! 

Sleep: Terribleeee. The snoogle slightly helps but I'm already getting up twice a night to pee and test my blood sugar which I hate. I get too hot but too cold to be without a sheet and I'm never comfortable. Oh, the joy!

Best moment this week: We got all of our boxes into our house! Not yet unpacked, but they're in here so that is a step in the right direction! We got a few little things here and there that we needed and things are slowly starting to come together. And Tucker also starting walking "full-time" this week! And we finally got to see Tess and Luke who moved back a couple weeks ago! So happy to have our buddies back :)

Worst moment this week:  I think just the lack of pleasant sleep and nausea is really starting to wear on me. And all the hormones have made me pretty moody. Luckily Taylor is the most patient person in the world (when it comes to me) and I'm darn lucky to have him. 

Movement: Too early still, but I swear I get phantom feelings all the time. 

Food cravings:  I made no-bake chocolate-peanut butter- oatmeal cookies and they are absolutely sinful. But there's so much sugar. I have to be super careful about what I eat and watch my glucose levels. So I've been looking up healthy alternatives to them to see if it even exists 
Also, I had a huge craving for a crunchwrap supreme from Taco Bell this past week. Let's just say it totally hit the spot. 

Aversions: Yogurt. The smell of meat or onions cooking is enough to make me gag. Oh and this isn't food, but changing Tuck's stinky diapers is getting increasingly difficult. 

Queasy/Sick: (I added this question in) Nausea mostly all day. But I have acupressure bracelets that I bought from target when I was around 6 weeks and I wear them everyday and they are my saving grace. I seriously think they are a huge help. 

Other Symptoms: I'm getting really forgetful and it's super frustrating. I won't remember something unless j write it down. We went all the way to the store for a specific thing and then forgot what it was by the time we checked out. Hoping it doesn't get worse!

The diabetes and pregnancy hasn't been terrible yet. I think today I might be experiencing the first of what may be the insulin sensitivity. I am always paranoid that I'm not doing enough or the baby won't be healthy, etc- just like with Tuck. I have to often take a step back and remind myself that there's literally nothing more that I can do than what I'm already doing. So whatever happens is what happens. But prayer works wonders, too. :)

Gender: too early still! I think maybe girl? :)

Labor signs: nope!

Belly button - in or out? In!

What I miss: Sleeping restfully. 

What I am looking forward to: This weekend we are taking baby announcement pictures with my friend Hillary and then telling everyone next week! So excited!




How far along: 11 weeks. 

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I give up on this. Haha. Obviously this means we haven't found our scale yet. 

Maternity clothes: No but one got my eye on some pretty maternity dresses I want for later down the road. And some cute maternity jeans from H&M. 

Stretch marks:  Nope. 

Sleep: Still pretty rough. Getting sooooo tired too. I mean I already was tired but sometimes it hits me emotionally too. Haha. I've had to take a nap a few times this week. 

Best moment this week: We had a super fun play date at the splash pad with Luke and Tessa! The boys were super cute and afterwards we came and had lunch at our house and they were cute and funny. We love having buddies! We also had dinner with a couple from our new church ward who have a baby the same age as Tuck and are expecting another baby that will be not much older than ours! It's fun getting to know more people in our new area. 
Oh! And we took a drive to Salt Lake City on Saturday and took Tucker to see Temple Square for the first time. It was fun! And he loved walking around and exploring. I'm excited to take him at Christmas time!

Worst moment this week: This has been the most nauseous/sick week so far. I've had to cancel plans a few different times and I didn't make it to church because I was so nauseous. I haven't thrown up yet, but almost wish I would. The all day nausea is killer. 

Movement: Just in my head ;) 

Food cravings: This week was cookies. Haha. Gotta be careful. Also I wanted Taco Bell and pizza in the same day and knew there was no way I was getting both so I had to make a serious decision. I almost decided getting both. But we went with pizza and I barely ate any. My eyes have definitely been bigger than my stomach lately. 
Cheese and crackers have been hitting the spot. Also Doritos haha. 

Aversions: Yogurt. Eggs. Meat cooking. 

Queasy/Sick: This week has been the sickest yet. No throwing up, but I almost would rather feel some relief if I could. It's hard to be sick all day and not really 'look' like it. 

Other Symptoms: With my diabetes, I've been getting a lot of low blood sugar readings this week. I also switched insulins (stupid insurance company) and have been worried about that effecting me. So far I've been fine but it's still mildly stressful. Prayers are always appreciated on behalf of this hard part of pregnancy :)

Gender: Dont know yet. 

Labor signs: Nope!

Belly button - in or out? In. 

What I miss: Sleeping peacefully. And not feeling like I have to barf. And being able to go wherever without being sick.  

What I am looking forward to: Our next doctor appointment, finding out the gender, taking our announcement pictures today, and feeling better! 

Milestones: Baby has all its organs and really looks like a baby now! 




No comments: