16 November 2015

22 weeks!

How far along22 weeks! 



Maternity clothes: Yep! I've worn my fave new maternity shirt a few times now already. Ha. Oops. :)

Stretch marks: I don't think so. I've been keeping up with moisturizing so I'm sure that's helping!

Sleep: Not bad this week! Just the occasional bathroom break in the night. We had a couple of nights that were really late...gotta stop doing that! 

Best moment this week: We found a piano for our home! It needs a little work (tuning and a couple of keys are damaged) but everything will great and we got an awesome deal! I'm so excited to be able to play whenever I want and teach our kids!
We also got to hang out with friends on Saturday and that was a lot of fun! We watched the BYU game and had a homemade meal at Tessa and Grey's house! I got to see my girlfriends and the babies got to play and all the boys got to chat about guns and motorcycles....or something. Ha. 

Worst moment this week: I just struggled getting over this sickness that's been hanging around for over a week. But luckily towards the end of the week I felt mostly better! And I'm feeling pretty good now!
Figuring out the insulin changes has been really hard as well. 

Movement: I love love love feeling this boys kicks and rolls! It's so great! He has already flipped completely that I know of. Last week at my ultrasound he was head up and face down and today he was head down and facing one of my sides! I had a feeling that he had moved because I was feeling less little kicks by my bladder. Haha. 

Food cravings: Hot chocolate! Haha. And tomato sandwiches still. And babybell cheese and triscuits. We had some yummy guacamole at Tess' on Saturday and that's been sounding really good too. 

Aversions: Nothing really! I just naturally stay away from yogurt. 

Queasy/Sick: Feeling mostly normal! Occasionally I get nauseous if I haven't had something substantial to eat. 

Other Symptoms: Tired. Some Braxton Hicks. Dry skin.    

Gender: BOY!

Labor signs: Nope!  

Belly button - in or out? An ever-flattening innie! 

What I miss: My little baby. He is getting so big and grown up!   

What I am looking forward to: CHRISTMAS!! It's my favorite :) But sooner than that, we are going to Glenwood this weekend and Thanksgiving is next week!  

Milestones: First 3D ultrasound picture! 


Today I had an ultrasound with Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM) and is was great! The tech doing the first part of the appointment was great and gave us so many pictures! Little buddy was being stubborn and she wanted to give me a good profile view but he wasn't moving. So she tried for a few minutes and finally got him to move for a perfect profile view and even in 3D too! And it was right when Taylor walked in so he didn't miss it! 


The Perinatologist was so positive and had nothing but good things to say. She said from what she can tell, his heart and spine (biggest causes for concern in a Diabetic mother) look perfectly normal! That is the best news. He's measuring right on track. She said that my diabetes control is right where it needs to be and if I can keep it there, she is very optimistic I could carry very close to 39 weeks! Even with the prior preeclampsia, she said that she isn't super worried. Apparently since its been less than five years since I had a baby last, my vessels have completely healed/changed and that makes for a good outcome in that area. 

It felt good to have reassurance that I'm doing my part. Both Taylor and I left very happy! We are so excited about our next little buddy!

No comments: