07 September 2015

12 weeks!

How far along12 weeks!

Total Weight Gain/LossFinally found the scale! I've only gained like 2 ish pounds (I think) according to our scale. I'm hoping that's pretty close to accurate! I have a doctor appointment tomorrow so we will find out! 

Maternity clothes: Not yet but I've got my eye on a few things. Everything still fits so I'm not worried about it yet. 

Stretch marks:  No new ones!

Sleep: Oh man. This week was rough. I didn't get very many nights where I felt rested. And a couple were down right awful. Also, we went to bed pretty late a few times this week. Gotta stop doing that.  

Best moment this week: We took our announcement pictures with Hillary on Monday and announced a few days after that. It was a lot of fun and we got some really great shots! And I was just excited to finally have the news out there. The first part of pregnancy just drags on for me for more than one reason and not telling people helps contribute to that I think. 

Worst moment this week: I got really sick this week and threw up. We think that Tucker might have had a little bug. *sidestory*- Tess and I wanted to go to Ikea so we loaded the boys up in my car and drove off. Neither of them had napped and Tuck didn't eat very much that morning. I thought it was him just being difficult. Well, as we are about to exit I could hear him cough and Tessa then says, "Ohhhh he's throwing up." It was bad. So so stinky. And there was no where around where we were within reasonable distance that had any children's shirts. And because I brain dead half the time, I had no clothes. So we pulled in a Walgreens parking lot and I cleaned him up (while saying 1000 silent prayers that I not throw up too) and we still decided to go to Ikea with my sicky nakey baby. We got some looks but he was exponentially happier after he was sick and so I thought he might've just had something in his tummy that didn't sit well with him. That evening when we got home I put him in his crib for him to sleep and I got in my bed- I didn't move from that spot in my bed for like a day. Tay came home and took care of Tuck and I was feeling so sick. That was the worst night of sleep maybe ever. I just kept feeling like I needed to throw up and couldn't. I woke up the next morning and finally did and felt so much better. Taylor gave me a blessing and that really helped too. Then my mom came over in the late morning and stayed till Tucker went down for his second nap. I'm so lucky to have so many people to care for my little family! 

Movement: Baby definitely IS moving in there but I just can't feel it yet. I am so excited for this part of pregnancy though! 

Food cravings: The two days I was sick, all I wanted was toast and ritz crackers. That seemed to help my stomach. 
We also bought these Veggie Straws. I'm sure you've seen them. They're made from veggies but they're like potato chips almost. So much healthier though. So I thought since I have been craving chips that these would help satisfy the craving without driving me off the deep end. They definitely have done that! 

Aversions: Yogurt. Eggs. Some vegetables. 

Queasy/Sick: It's been a rough week. But I have some medication that I think is really helping. 

Other Symptoms: Sooo tired lately. More naps were taken this week. I've been having some round ligament pain- like cramping or stretching. Headaches. My back hurts a lot. But my back hurts on normal days too, so that might not be a symptom. Waking up 3 times a night to pee. Forgetting EVERYTHING. Even Taylor is forgetting things now! ;) Crying at any given moment. All the fun hormonal stuff, ya know? :) 

Gender: Probably a boy. Hoping for a girl! 

Labor signs: Nope!

Belly button - in or out? In. 

What I miss: Having energy! Sleeping through the night. Not being sick. 

What I am looking forward to: My doctor appointment this week to hear the heartbeat. The second trimester. Finding out what our baby will be! 

Milestones: Telling the world we're having a baby! 


Update- I had both my appointments today (endocrinologist and OB) and got some updates info. 
I sent Taylor a text with all the stuff they told me, so I'll just quote the texts:
"Just got done with my doctor appointment. They said all my labs from last time look great. My blood pressure was good and haven't gained any weight yet which is fine. The baby's HR was 160 bpm which is awesome. We talked about appointments later down the road and keeping this babe in as long as possible. I'll be induced for sure by 39 weeks if we have a normal sized baby that hasn't come yet by that point. 
I'll usually have ultrasounds every 4 ish weeks. So if I get to 36 weeks and the baby is already huge then they would talk about inducing around 37/38 weeks so that I can have the best chance for a vaginal birth. They'd do that for me. They want to avoid me having a giant baby just as much as I want to. 
He said I have good odds for having another successful vaginal birth because I've already done it with a normal sized baby. And because I'm taller my torso is longer and my hips are better capable to carry a bigger baby. They just don't want it getting bigger than like 9 pounds." 

So hearing all that was super reassuring. I also asked about my odds for getting preeclampsia again and he said they were slightly higher but being a first time mom last time made them even higher than now. So that put my mind at ease a little bit. 
My endo visit went really well, too. My A1C was 6.1% which is fantastic and all of my numbers have been good lately. I am in the market for a new pump so I am trying to do my research and we are trying to decide when to make the plunge. Pumps are a huge expense so I have to make sure I pick a good one! The one I'm considering comes with a continuous glucose monitor, which is a separate thing that I wear and reads my blood sugar every five minutes and sends it to my pump. Super cool and apparently easier to get if you're pregnant. So hopefully we make a decision soon! 


No comments: