27 April 2011

winning.

hey there.
it's been a while, huh?

lemme just start out with this...
this was the beginning of what ended up being a very funny night.
i'd tell you all about it, but it might take away from the fact of how awesomely funny it was.
this girl....is my best friend. lemme just share a few quotes from last night and you'll get the hint.
-------

-------

-------

-------

------- 
-------

-------

oh, i'm laughing right now. you probably don't understand any of this. but that's definitely okay.


this past week was just what i needed. 
i got to see this girl



these boys

and this boy 

not to mention, these lovely ladies


it was a week filled with surprises, many frozen yogurt trips, shopping, blanket making, graduation, (not enough) pictures, air ball, trampolines, driving, singing, reminiscing, friendship, see-ya-laters, and hugs.
i'm not gonna lie, i miss these people so much already.
but i've been thinking about my "situation" a lot more lately.
at first i was so mad because i thought the timing of this was impeccably terrible. but after i thought about it some more, i realized this couldn't have happened at a better time. everything that was getting ready to happen in my life (that i was excited about), can wait. i was bummed that i'm not going to be in provo for the summer i was so very excited about, not to mention moving into my own apartment with girls i love and making $$$ and having a fantastic time. but that's not going to be happening...yet. i have time to do all this stuff. i'm going to be back. and i'm going to do all the stuff that i would've done this summer. and besides, i have a lot of exciting things to look forward to:
my best friend flying out to see me and go to the beach with meeee
jenny coming to visit! (hopefully)
going to canada
going to connecticut
learning spanish?
reading a lot of good books
becoming a good photographer
getting a tan? (hopefully)

lookie there. that's not a bad list at all. pretty darn exciting stuff, if you ask me.
and as for the cancer,
i'm getting to be pretty good at this "being sick" or "having diseases" thing. 
i hope that doesn't make me sound insensitive.
but really though, all of the doctors or nurses i've seen lately have said to me:
"does anyone else in your family have health problems?"
("no")
"woah, diabetes AND cancer. sweetheart, you've got a full plate. i hope the rest of your life after this is boring."

kinda funny, right?
i've been handed a lot in my very brief 19 years. but i feel like it's made me who i am. i am strong and i know i can handle all this. and i think i know that all of this was meant to happen to me for a reason, and i'm going to do my best to gain all the knowledge i can out of this. i am made of something stronger.

so my mom asked me if i was gonna post about my first chemo treatment. 
here's the brief explanation of it:
not easy.
on april 13, i had my port placement: which if you don't know what that is, you can go here and read about it. then after that, we saw my doctor- who is amazing, and then i had my first infusion. i get a combination of 4 chemotherapy drugs, which together is called ABVD. all together, the infusion takes a little over an hour. on this day, however, we were probably back there for 2.5 hours- getting the rundown of the process, waiting and then having my dressing removed. my day started at about 8:30 and we didn't leave till around 6. long day. but they won't all be like that, which is nice. oh and i had some gnarly looking stitches (that made me look like frankenstein) which had to have for about two weeks (i had my brother take them out today!) so after we were finished, we made the drive home. about two hours into the drive i started feeling sick. from that point (wednesday night) until just about monday morning i felt terrible. chemo makes you really nauseous and fatigued and does a lot of other things that are hard on your body as well. i was pretty worried i wasn't going to feel good enough to go on my trip, but thankfully, the day i was supposed to leave was the day i started feeling better. and the whole time i was on my trip, i wasn't in any discomfort. i am truly thankful that i was feeling healthy enough to spend that time with my dear friends.

so now i'm back in the good ole' south.
and even though i'd muchhhhhhh rather be in provo right now, i'm just trying to think of it this way-
1 down, 11 to go.
i know the time will fly, and i'll be back before i know it.

cancer, i'm kicking your butt.


PS-i'm getting my hair cut on monday. my ponytail is exactly 10 inches- the length requirement for Locks for Love. so i'm very excited to have the opportunity to cut my hair to donate it (for the third time). my hair will be verrrrrry short- a change i'm both nervous and very excited about. i'll for sure post pictures. i've been browsing the internet for cuts i like. what do you think of these?



opinions are welcome, and appreciated.


until next time.
<3




PPS- these boys left for europe today.
they are two of my bessssst friends, whether they know it or not. i'm totally jealous of the amazing trip they have planned and i'm gonna miss them like crazy this summer. but we will be reunited in the fall. :] and as long as they don't come back married (i was promised that i could come to their weddings) then i'll be good. if you're reading this, i love you boys! have fun sleeping on benches and growing out your crazy european mullets and beards. :] :]


PPPS- watch this. you'll get chills.



ok. i'm done forreal now.


7 comments:

Jenny said...

basically i love you and your positive attitude! you are such an amazing person kara!!! i'm so excited to see you hair cut :] and i'm trying to look up cheap flights to head down south! it will be amazing :]
lubbbbb you!

momto5 said...

You are amazzzzing! I am so proud of you and love you so much! The hair will be cute, with that beautiful face you will look adorable!

andihoff said...

Bahahahahaahaha. Kara. Last night was sooo funny. I burst into almost tears like 2345 times. :) You have an awesome summer list! I'll start making a bucket list of things for us to add to the list :) and you're gonna rock that haircut!!

Meg said...

Your attitude & perspective is simply amazing, Miss Kara. And you are going to rock that adorable haircut. xoxo

Its in the small things...... said...

kara ann,
you are sooo amazing. i love you tons and am sad i didn't get to see you. you are gonna looks super cute with your pony tail cut. love you tons!!!

LauraLyn said...

Kara. im not sure i feel about that stalker feed... now everyone knows how often i creep on your blog cause no one else if from HOUSTON TEXAS. hahaha i love you and i love your blog! See you in an unidentifiable date in October cause you wont tell me the exact day!!!!!

-Kara Ann. said...

yes, andi!! do it! we needa find fun things to do. :] thanks guys. i'm nervous about my haircut, but hopefully it'll look alright.

bahahha, laura i laughed so heard when i read your comment. i LOVE that you stalk me. so please don't stop. and i'm so excited to come back at the unidentifiable date to surprise you guysssss! :D love love you!