01 February 2016

33 weeks!

How far along: 33 weeks! Tucker came two weeks from now!

Maternity clothes: That or my “mom uniform” aka sweatpants. ;) haha.   

Stretch marks: No new ones.   

Sleep: Getting worse but that is to be expected. Maybe somehow I'll get over this sickness before baby boy comes and I'll actually get some restful sleep.

Best moment this week: Hmm. It was a long, hard week. It was nice to know our baby is healthy at the appointments I've been having. And we had some fun play dates and things like that!

Worst moment this week: I have been having a hard time getting over this sickness I've been having. This past week was particularly awful. I asked my OB to write me some prescription and if he doesn't then I'll get my endocrinologist to do it. I forgot what it's like to be healthy!  

Movement: Supposedly he is running out of room and I should be feeling him move less but that isn't quite the case yet. He is an active little (big) guy!

Food cravings: Silk chocolate milk. Peanut butter. Bread. Sour stuff.

Aversions: Not really.    

Queasy/Sick: Just perpetually sick with something!

Other Symptoms: Frequent trips to the bathroom (especially at night). Heartburn. Dry skin. Itchy belly.

Gender: BOY!

Labor signs: Having some Braxton Hicks.

Belly button - in or out? Top is out!

What I miss: Being healthy!

What I am looking forward to: My next growth scan next Monday! Baby shower! Baby boy coming!

Milestones: Baby is supposedly unlikely to move positions at this point. He is huge so I'm sure that would be hard for him!


NST this week and all last week went well. And my doctor visit went well and was reassuring too. The doctor I saw today helped put my fears at ease about what's to come and the unknowns. At this point, by fundal height measurment, I am quite a bit ahead. But I am also convinced the baby is spread eagle in there and is always stretching out. So, this way of measuring isn't always 100% accurate but pretty darn close most of the time. So regardless of that, baby boy is big. My amniotic fluid level is normal (on the higher end but still normal).
I have a growth scan next Monday, so this will give us a better idea of what the next few weeks will bring. We don't want to induce before 37 because that leaves more risk for baby. But if we get to around 36-38 weeks and baby boy is reallllly big, we will discuss inducing and a scheduled C-section between 38-39 weeks.
If he is big but it is still a feasible option to deliver vaginally, at that point it would be “rolling the dice” as he put it. My body has been proved to deliver up to an 8 pound baby. But at a later point I'm gestation, this baby will probably have put more weight on in his shoulders (very common in diabetic mama’s babies) so the risk of pushing is the baby getting shoulder dystocia. The risks, although rare, can be life-altering. So if it came down to it, I definitely would choose our baby being safe and healthy than trying to push him out- as much as I want to do that. I would rather have a scheduled C-section than an emergency one.

I'm headed into uncharted territory with this baby, and soon I'll be more pregnant than I've ever been. I'm seriously getting uncomfortable (mostly sitting and  walking, ha!) but I love feeling him move and knowing he is safe and healthy. I can't believe the time for him to come is already so close! We still have a few things to check off our list before he is allowed to come- baby shower, finishing his room, packing a bag, deep cleaning the house and having a little getaway for a day. So he better stay in till we do all that!

And a lot of people have asked and no, we do not have a name yet! We have chosen four or five we like but decided we will wait until we meet him to pick. Here's hoping we have a better idea by that point!

We appreciate everyone’s love and concern for me and this baby and our whole family throughout this entire pregnancy. He is already so loved and we can't wait to meet him!

No comments: