21 September 2015

14 weeks. (+ 15 month Tucker update!)

How far along14 weeks!
(Bump pic to come when I take it:) 

Total Weight Gain/LossA few pounds I think. 

Maternity clothes: Wardrobe hasn't really changed yet. Still opting for comfort though! 

Stretch marks: Don't think so! 

Sleep: It's not terrible but not awesome. Haha. I'm just tired of having to wake up to pee or getting low blood sugar in the night...that's the worst! 

Best moment this week:  We decided to go on a little camping "vacation". Taylor took work off on Friday and we drove to Boulder Mountain and stayed at Lower Bowns Reservoir camping grounds. We were the only ones at the designated dispersed camping area (where you don't have to pay) and that was so nice! We ended up bringing Tuck with us and so I was nervous how he would handle it. He had a blast playing in the dirt and rocks and trying to walk into the reservoir. When it came to be night time it got super cold and I was worried he wouldn't sleep or that he'd freeze. I was even bundled up in two layers on both halves and with two or three blankets- the same thing we had for Tucker. Taylor woke up around 2 because he was cold. He checked on Tucker and he had kicked off all his covers. Tay tucked him back in and that woke him up. We decided to bring him on our bed and he fell asleep immediately on top of Taylor. Tay was so uncomfortable though because he kept tossing and turning his head and putting his hand on his throat. Haha. Eventually Tuck rolled off Taylor and we bundled him up on the mattress next to Taylor. He is a wild sleeper! He tossed a lot in the night (which is typical) and he was talking in his sleep (saying his name!) and tooting, too. Haha. He's a cutie. My favorite moment was when he was waking up in the morning. He had been tossing for like 10 minutes and was laying folded in half on his face with his binky in going "ohhhh. Ahhhh" haha. He finally decided to wake up and lifted his head up and from under the covers to look at us. His little eyes were so sleepy and squinty and he was so happy! He had a full nights rest and greeted us with cute smiles and giggles. Taylor was happy, too, because he got a full night of cuddling from both his buddies! ;) 

Worst moment this week: The best was also the worst. The camping trip got slightly stressful at points because we got lost and then banged up our car a bit. By the end I was exhausted! We all were. Nothing like coming home to your comfy house and bed!  

Movement: I could swear I felt something while we were camping. I've read that it's possible to feel your baby this early but it's hard to differentiate between baby and gas. Haha. It felt like a tiny flutter though, so who knows!  

Food cravings: Doritos. Slurpees from 7/11 (they had BOGO going on and Taylor and I decided to get one. Sour patch watermelons-the yummiest sour candy- flavor. Oh man it hit the spot!). Cheese and crackers. Also, we had over ripe bananas so I made some muffins and they were amazing. I didn't find a recipe I liked so I just made one up. Here it is: 

Banana Oat Chocolate Chips Muffins

1 stick softened butter
3/4 cup white sugar
Around 1/3 cup brown sugar
(Cream these together, then add...)
3 very ripe bananas
2 eggs
1.5 teaspoons vanilla (I just add whatever I like but that's probably close)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
(Blend together)
I just added flour till I got the consistency I wanted. I'd say add around 1.5-2 cups 
(Blend)
Hand stir in- 
1 cup old fashioned oats (not quick oats) 
Semi sweet chocolate chips (I just sprinkled some on top and pushed them in so they have just a little taste of chocolate. I had enough batter for about 15 muffins. In the 3 extra on the second batch I added extra chocolate chips and they were very chocolatey and delicious.
Oven: 375 degrees 
Spray your pan cups or use liners. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden around the edges. 
Serve warm with some butter and milk or cold! Enjoy! 

Aversions: Yogurt. Some eggs. 

Queasy/Sick: It hasn't been too bad this week. Mostly good. I have still had lingering nausea but for the most part I can deal. Driving home from our trip was rough- coming down the winding mountain. And Sunday I felt really cruddy. 

Other Symptoms: Crazy and vivid dreams for the last few weeks. Headaches. Acne- lovely ;) Back aches. Forgetting EVERYTHING. A couple weeks ago we went to the store for one thing and came out with everything but the one thing and I realized it when we were walking to the car and I had to go back. Most frustrating thing. If it's not written down- ain't gon happen! 

Gender: I have all the classic wives tales 'symptoms' for boy. But I feel so different from my last pregnancy so I don't know! I'm just going to go with boy because that's probably it! 

Labor signs: Nope!

Belly button - in or out? In. 

What I miss: Having energy! 

What I am looking forward to: Our 16 week hospital ultrasound where we will hopefully find out the gender! 

Milestones: This baby bump has kinda started to pop! I still feel mostly bloated and chubby though. Ha. Looking forward to that cute bump stage before I turn into a larger than life version of myself. :) More than 1/3 done with this pregnancy! Crazy! We will have another babe in less than 6 months! 







Tucker is 15 months today! I decided after one year, I will periodically update on him every three or so months. 

He has his checkup + shots this week and we will know for sure what his weight and height is. I think he is probably around 34 inches tall and 24/25 pounds. That's my guess but we will see how close I am this week. 

Tuck finally started walking a little before he turned 14 months. He has gotten a lot more confident and is now running around all over the place! He walks just for the heck of it. I love it. 

He has gotten very picky at meal times and it is always a guessing game of what he will eat. Mac n cheese is usually a winner, along with bread and crackers and fruit snacks. Hopefully he gets over it soon!

He can say- mama, dada, hi, bye, no, yeah, toe, tickle, stinky, poo, shoe, duck,  ew, Tucker, shay shay, nana, cracker, cookie, dog, ball, oh wow, and probably some more I'm forgetting. 

He calls shoes and socks "tickle toes". 

He loves hiding things in obscure places. We've found shoes in kitchen drawers, our phones and shoes in laundry baskets, and today I found a plastic fork in a container of baby wipes! 

He is great at mimicking Taylor and I and has got a funny little personality. He squeals and giggles all the time. 

He loves playing with his buddy Luke, collecting and eating rocks, bath time, being chased by dad, flipping backwards in dads arms, being outside, dogs, books, 

We love him more all the time and I'm so excited to see him as a big brother! 































The best is yet to come. 



No comments: