02 May 2011

locks for love.


today.
today i cut 10+ inches of my hair off for Locks for Love.
(the picture shows the final product)
i would be lying if i said i loved it. because i don't.
being a girl, i depended on my hair to make me feel girly and pretty.
and now that most of it is gone, i don't feel that way anymore.
i had a moment where i was really upset.

and then i was having a conversation with a dear friend and she said this to me:

"two years ago i cut 13 inches of my hair off. i thought i would love it, but i didn't. it was really tough to get used to, but then i came to embrace it. you may not want to hear this now, but after everything, it will grow back. it'll be your own personal trophy walking around with beautiful hair after you get through this. :) your hair will be a daily reminder of how strong you are and how you can get through anything that comes your way!! <3"

this is exactly what i needed to hear.


9 comments:

Arlewyn Goodman said...

Kara, dear, you are a strong and beautiful daughter of God. I just watched a movie called Letters to God. It was about a boy with brain cancer. The boy's best friend's granddad said something that I thought was very true. The granddad said, "Those chosen to go through this are god's worriers. He chose them because He knows they are strong." I knew he was talking about you too!!! You'll make it through, and be a strength to others who are going through what you are. And if you ever need to talk, I'm hear to listen (it's my favorite thing to do, listen to people), and you know you have lots of other people to help you when you struggle. You are very loved.

Ashley from Sloanbook said...

LOOKS amazing and SO chic! It will definitely take some getting used to but I think it looks stylish! I hope you love it soon!

little e said...

You are seriously such an inspiration miss Kara. Love this, love you, so impressed at your great attitude through this trial. Xox

Meg said...

You look beautiful (and like, 20-something already good grief!) but I'm sure it's a lot to adjust to ... Along with everything else you are adjusting to as part of your "new normal." I am glad your friend had the perfect words for this moment.

Angela Joy said...

I think you look fabulous. You have such gorgeous eyes, and eyes are the "window to the soul" and we know that your soul is divine. We love you!

Its in the small things...... said...

i actually think your hair is beautiful. you are soooo pretty. love you!!

k. said...

The good news is that you have FABULOUS eyes. And short hair is the perfect way to show them off. So really, it was a strategic move on your part. :)

k. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Taylor Jones said...

Um... what the heck. You and your blog are so adorable it kills me.
Jealousssss.