23 January 2011

get busy living

i am happy-truly.


i haven't been able to say that for a long time, or at least it feels like it. i honestly wake up in the mornings now excited to take on whatever the day brings. these past two weeks have the best i can remember in SO long. i might've had a few experiences that helped me out with that, but regardless, i am happy. and i realize how lucky i am and have been as of late.

i catch myself in the most unsuspecting places just thinking about life. where i'm going, where i've been, who i know, who i love, what i want, and what's important.

i can't even begin to really understand forgiveness, but i know it's real. i know i am blessed with that priviledge. and i, too, am learning how to forgive. i am so undeniably grateful for everything that's happened to me. the good, the bad and the ugly. every hard experience that's shaped me, tested me, questioned my beliefs, hurt me, healed me, helped me, blessed me. i reminisce. more than i should. but now, it's not to long for things that once used to be, but to reflect on the things that were and JOY in those experiences.

i'm learning to let go- and let life take its nat ural course. deep down, i have this unrelenting need for things to go my way. i feel like this is natural, but i've been practicing supressing that need. i've figured out that i am so much happier when the people around me are happy. stop. take a second. and breathe. think before you speak. express your appreciation. smile at a stranger. help someone in need. avoid confrontation. you'll be amazed at the difference it makes.



"Do me a favor… Stand up, walk to wherever the nearest window is, and just look outside. You may not know this, but there’s an entire planets-worth of summers, friends, sunsets, street lamps, songs, late nights, great films, and night skies waiting for you. Your life is as amazing as you want it to be, but first, you have to let it be that way." -chad sugg




ps- i signed my contract for fall and winter! i cannot wait. :D

No comments: