10 November 2010

nickname.

DAY NINETEEN
nicknames you have and why you have them


i don't have very many nicknames. in fact, i don't ever really go by nicknames because my name is so short. some of the ones i do have....

kara beara
this one is kind of standard. it's my name and a word that rhymes with it. my grandpa used to call me this. and still does, i think. and most people pick up on it and sometimes my close friends call me this.

sameekio, sam, sam-ee-kay-oh (you can say it any of these ways.)
this is probably the weirdest nickname you've ever seen, right? welllp, i have NO idea how this one got made up. i have two older brothers and when we were younger they would make up weird nicknames and somehow they all stuck. my brothers still, to this day, call me this. and i love it.

the housewife
this one is new. my roommates deemed this the perfect nickname or title for me. i have become, following in the footsteps of my mom and sister, the 'momma' of the group. i'm always concerned with what everyone is doing and making sure everyone is okay. and they joke that i'm going to be 'the perfect housewife' when i'm older and that i'll cook for my husband and just be as peachy as pie. :]

lil poopy
this is what hillary calls me. it started out one day, when she was sick, i was up early getting ready for class and i wrote on our mirror with dry-erase marker something along the lines of "don't be sick! feel better, lil poopy. and just remember...your momma loves you. :]" haha. and it stuck. so now that's what we call each other.

megan
this one isn't really a nickname. but sorta. i would probably answer to this if you called me megan. and it's all bryan ray and ryan faber's fault. when i first met them this summer, they got my name confused with andrea's other roommate and called me megan. and no matter how many times i insisted my name wasn't megan, it didn't really matter. so i gave up. silly, right? but then they finally figured it out and started calling me kara...thank goodness. :]

kara ann
this is indeed my name. but i think of it as sort of a nickname because usually people you call by your first name. but this in fact my first and middle name. ha! so i like to think it's a nickname. it's short and sweet. and my name.

i love nicknames and really would go by any nickname. as long as it's nice. :]

No comments: