28 October 2010

to the rescue.

DAY SIX
favorite super hero and why

i've never really been well-informed on super heroes. sure, you've got:
Batman, Superman, Spiderman, Hulk, WonderWoman, Wolverine...
BUT to be quite honest, i'm not really into the whole super hero thing.
I can think of a couple of non-traditional heroes, however.


my mother dearest
my mom is the coolest momma on the planet. i'm sorry, but yours just does not contest. but in all seriousness, i love this woman with every single fiber of my being. she is my bestestest friend in the world. since i left for college, i know she's been worried about me and misses me, but i worry about and miss her just as much. she gives great advice and support. and even when i'm not doing my best or if i'm having an awful day- she know exactly what to say. i miss her alot. especially the things we would do together, like going on walks, grocery store runs, sharing ice cream at TCBY, going shopping together, watching our shows together, cooking together...and now that i'm living on my own i think we talk on the phone more than we ever have. but it's great. i hope to be as good of a mother one day as she is to me.


Thomas S. Monson
could this man get any cooler? i don't think so. he is so inspiring and such a light of hope and happiness, not only to me but i'm sure to millions of other people. he is the Prophet of my church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. i love this man. i find it amazingly cool that he has actual ties to my family. and after getting to know him, (i'm taking a living prophets class here at BYU), i have an even greater appreciation for everything that he says and all the counsel that he gives. i got to hear and see him speak at the conference center this past october. it was such a cool feeling being able to be in the same room as him. and when he waved to everyone in the center as him and his counselors were walking out, i felt like he was waving at me. i'm so grateful for him and all he says and does. i can't wait to meet him one day.


Harry, Ron and Hermione
these guys. i feel like i've grown up with these three. i will admit...i'm a die-hard, closet Harry Potter fan. and i might possibly already have my midnight premier movie tickets for the seventh movie...but that's besides the point. they're not your typically "fight crime, beat the bad guy, get the girl" heroes. but they do fight bad guys, he-who-must-not-be-named...and they end up beating him (sorry if i just ruined the whole story for you)...and they do get the girl!...well at least ron and harry do. what i'm getting at here is that their story is great. and i've read the books, multiple times because they never get old. i hope their stories become classics for the future generations. and i am so so so excited for this next movie. the trailer gives me chils everytime i watch it. go ahead and feast your eyes upon this "worldwide phenomenon". :]




No comments: