02 July 2010

things i'm learning.

it's amazing how quickly you have to learn to adapt when you move away or start experiencing new things. living on my own, (well i'm not totally on my own, but i'm close enough to it.), so far has really taught me a lot about myself and has enlightened my somewhat ill-informed perception of adulthood. i'm not gonna lie...being responsible is hard. you have it made when you're a kid. but when you actually have to start making your own decisions and being responsible for things that are important and have weight, more time is taken on how you should act...well, at least for me. some grown-up things that i've done just in the past week of being here are:

-moving. that in itself was pretty hard and it took a lot for me to leave.
-getting my first REAL, PAYING job. even though it is so boring, i'm making $$ so i can't complain...too much.
-managing money. i've never had an income, or had to pay rent OR buy groceries...which i actually did the other day.

don't get me wrong though, i love my new-found freedom and maturity. it's broadened my understanding about the "real world"...even though i think Provo is kind of it's own little world. but hey, i get to walk outside to this everyday, so who can complain...



No comments: